Friday, November 14, 2008

GREEN eggs and Turkey??

Title is misleading but it's the best I could figure to link my 2 topics :)

GREEN (eggs) :
Went to a greening the office lecture at work yesterday... very interesting -- for those who don't know I'm in a grass roots group working to promote green awareness at work. It's great - mostly bc the folks I am working with on it ROCK - it's an act of love in that it's 'extra curricular' if you will - read - it's done on my own time and won't be in my review, etc. We're starting to actually get some stuff done - so it makes it all the more awesome. ANYWAY, SO lecture -- apparently we have our first LEED platinum building almost complete in VA! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_in_Energy_and_Environmental_Design)
It's a gym. So - you think they use the energy expended on the machines to power the building?

... and Turkey
SO this weekend is BIG -- it will be substitute Thanksgiving! Very excited to get a flier from Trader Joe's -- their big Turkey Day one. They start stocking fresh, free range, veggie feed turkeys TODAY (how convenient) AND they come pre-brined!! If you haven't done a brined turkey, I will attest to it being PHENOMENAL... but taking all the work out of it is even better... and they have pre-done fixins.

Anyone wanna come over for Thanksgiving this weekend? Call me!

Oh and somehow I'm seeing the most scrumptious holiday goodies for great deals EVER - again w the poor timing...

Wine.woot has an amazing 2 torte sampler -- perfect to bring for fam Turkey Day --
http://wine.woot.com/

AND... also David's, a super sampler pack for cheap --
http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/davids-cookies-5-5-lb-try-it-all-assortment_p-2411932_xp.aspx?web_id=2411932
currently SOLD OUT but promised to be restocked...

I figure I'd pass them on since I won't be partaking this year! I will miss the annual baking of the Xmas cookies -- though Rob may miss it more...

5 comments:

Megan Van Fleet said...

We'll be stopping by on Sunday! I'll give you guys a call when we leave Sunday morning from the Burg! Glad the surgery is scheduled--sorry for the poor timing, but definitely worth it! (You can still be a little bummed about missing some parties though--it's allowed!)

Kate McHugh said...

I'm going to have my Mom up on Sunday and we'll be doing Thanksgiving. That way I can enjoy and since she's going to Italy (Milan) during real Thanksgiving like my folks have been doing the last few years, it'll actually be one of our first Turkey Days together in like 5 years... whoa... no Daddy Dan though - he's in Spain right now. Anyway, no time set yet but will let you know. Don't have any angst about crashing!

Kate McHugh said...

In fact it'd be super rad if we ended up w you guys being able to join us!

netfandu said...

hiiiiiiii . i see ur blog. this is really good. keep it uo .
visit ma blog. this is www.netfandu.blogspot.com
actually i want link excha nge with u . if u interested then contect me on ma blog
thnx

netfandu said...

hiiiiiiii . i see ur blog. this is really good. keep it uo .
visit ma blog. this is www.netfandu.blogspot.com
actually i want link excha nge with u . if u interested then contect me on ma blog
thnx