Friday, November 7, 2008

Puts the DYS in dysfunctional...

OH so there was a really disturbing family at the class on Monday night. SO some folks had family members (read: spouses) that also came to the classes -- mostly the couple of men who were there had their wives w them (i'm being stereotypical but guessing it's bc they have to deal w the food/shopping). So this family -- mom, dad and daughter were there. Dad at one point makes a comment that he's the one who needs the surgery and began getting more info about it but his WIFE is going to be the first to get it bc she's the 'guinea pig' -- how effed is that?!

And then the daughter pipes up that she's had the surgery like 10 years ago (not looking so much like it right now if you get my drift) and then goes on to say she got preggers 24mos after it and had pre-clampsia (i'm sure i'm not spelling that right) and gained 60lbs including 17lbs of water in like a day... so she 'claims' it ruined her band...

I am *sure* that condition is horrible - and i do not deny her that... BUT I called my old neighbor Mary Jo - a nurse and my first friend to tell me about her band... she's PHENOMENAL. SO i tell her this story and she basically calls BS on her 'my band was ruined'. It's surgical grade silicone - i mean this is what boob implants are made of! Also the newest updates they've made make it unbucklable so for any complications, they can basically just unbuckle it until the issue is resolved and then rebuckle...

Anyway, it just reinforced how this is an ind'l thing and it takes mental fortitude as well. Like I've heard in every seminar - they're not operating on your brain...

1 comment:

Megan Van Fleet said...

Haha! I love that I can actually HEAR you telling this story instead of just reading it. Wow--what an experience!